· It is generally recommended to wear conservative colored suits and ties. Very colorful clothing is considered inappropriate.
· Women should wear suits or relatively conservative, non-revealing dresses.
· Chinese culture is quite conservative, and most women wear flat shoes. This is especially important if you are taller than your host.
· It is customary to wear high-heeled shoes only at official receptions held by diplomats.
· Jeans are considered appropriate everyday attire for men and women. Shorts are only worn when exercising.